We are a Authorized Dealer of Sundown Audio, products can be bought in-store at our Brick and Mortar Location. Come see us for all your Sundown Audio Needs!
SML Series 500W (Shallow Mount)
The SML series is the shallowest line of subwoofers to ever be offered by Sundown Audio. Despite being over and inch shallower than our SLD series we are within 1mm of linear excursion comparatively. This is a huge win for customers requiring an extremely shallow driver. We found that the SML series will fit the majority of pre-fab under-seat enclosures and perform extremely well in the air-space provided by these enclosures as well. These will excel in such applications.
The biggest problem that we set out to solve while creating the SML was the fact that many shallow drivers, especially in this price range, have an incredibly high QTS making it very difficult to achieve a flat response and also making them quite unsuitable for ported enclosures (where the SML will also work well). After many months of work and testing prototypes we landed on the Dual-Magnet design motor and hit our mid-QTS target square on the head (0.34 to 0.51 range depending on size and coil configuration).
- Xmax = 11mm one-way by 70% BL
- Xmech is a hard limit of 25mm one-way for 12s and 20mm one-way for 10s
- RMS Power = 500-watts
- Black Aluminum 2.5” voice coil former for superior heat dissipation
- High Temperature 4-Layer copper voice coil wire
- Stitched-On “Mini-XL” Tinsel Leads to prevent fatigue and failure
- Vented Pole-Piece and Multi-Vented Magnetic Gap
- Dual-Magnet Design for appropriate motor force factor and mid QTS
- Custom tooled cone shape for reduced mechanical noise over high excursion
- Bolt-through motor design to ensure maximum longevity and ruggedness against mechanical failures
** This motor is bolted through the top so the bolts are not visible from the back like several other models.
- Magnet ID shorting ring
SML 10" / 12"
T/S SPECS SML 10" D2 SML 10" D4 SML 12" D2 SML 12" D4 RE (Ohms) 3.650 6.850 3.650 6.850 FS (Hz) 35.210 36.116 34.932 39.905 VAS (L) 23.679 24.828 39.012 29.593 Qes 0.931 0.469 0.456 0.617 Qms 2.703 2.766 2.862 3.035 Qts 0.341 0.401 0.394 0.513 BL (NA) 17.431 21.022 17.879 22.801 Mms (Grams) 146.986 133.242 182.067 186.887 Cms (uM/N) 139.003 145.749 114.018 85.771 Sens (dB @ 1w/1m) 86.1dB 85.8dB 87.5dB 86.7dB